9 SEPTEMBER 2015 - PUBLIC SESSIONS - TOPIC 1
Day One review:
South Australia’s Nuclear Fuel Cycle Royal Commission today heard evidence from expert witnesses in the field of climate change and energy policy.
The Commission’s first witness, prominent economist Professor Ross Garnaut AO provided evidence on:
- Climate change predictions and effects
- International and national response and targets
- Opportunities in future energy policy.
Second witness was Anna Skarbek, the CEO of ClimateWorks Australia, an independent, research-based, non-profit organisation committed to catalysing reductions in greenhouse gas emissions in Australia. The focus of her evidence was:
- Pathways to Deep Decarbonisation in 2050 project
- Scenarios examined, including nuclear power
- Investment challenges for future energy infrastructure.
The third witness, University of Queensland’s Professor John Quiggin appeared via videolink, however due to technical issues, the session was adjourned and he will appear at a later date.
Video files and transcript of the sessions will be available shortly in our “Public Sessions” library.
The next public session is on Monday, September 14, 2015 at 9am, at the Science Exchange Building, Adelaide. It will be streamed live via this website, and public are welcome to attend.